The Number One Company Formation Agent!
Contact Formation Company Wizard Contact Us
Company Registration Wizard Resources Resources
Limited Company Wizard Products Products and services

Changing a Company's Name

Companies Act 2006 Compliant

You can change the registered name of a private limited company directly with Companies House by filing the correct notice and a Special Resolution. To change a company name you will need to complete Companies House form NM01. To complete form NM01 you will be asked to provide the following information:
  • Company number
  • Original company name
  • New company name
  • Special Resolution
  • Authorising signature(s)

There is a fee of £10 payable to Companies House in order to file form NM01. You can obtain this form using the link below.

Companies House form NM01

Please ensure you check the availability of the new company name before you send the resolution to Companies House. You can check availability of a company name using the Companies House WebCheck facility.

When completed the form should be delivered to the following address:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Other Secretarial Procedures

Appoint a new director or secretary
Resign a director or secretary
Change the particulars of a director or secretary
Change the company's registered office address
Allot shares to a new shareholder
Increase the share capital
Transfer shares between shareholders
Change the company name
Change the memorandum and articles of association
Striking off a limited company

The Company Wizard is registered under the HM Revenue & Customs Money Laundering Scheme (Reg: 12336259)  
Registered Office: 219 Kensington High Street, Kensington, London W8 6BD  
The Company Wizard Limited - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 5100477 - ©2014 all rights reserved